raven

raven

Monday, January 14, 2013

Thrift

What a weekend. It was really busy. I was able to see some friends I haven't seen in a long time. That was good stuff. Drinking and watching kung fu movies. Oh how it makes me want to go back to class...if I had the money. Finally finished submitting a ton of resumes and whatnot to the hospitals. Now the waiting game of waiting for them to call back with job offers and or interviews. 

Went thrift shopping with my man also. I originally just wanted a few pairs of jeans. Most of mine are so threadbare there is nothing there to cover anything haha! Hellooooo world they seemed to say. I found two pairs of long pants for now, and a pair of capris (sp?) that I noticed, passed up, then back tracked to find. Funny how some times you just know... Anyway, I also found a mini cabinet that I ended up painting black in the end and designating as my booze stash cab. It works perfectly. There is enough room on the top portion for my absinthe kit and other various booze accessories, and the bottom shelf holds all of my handles. And normal bottles too of course ;) Then.....I found a sewing machine by Singer that was only $20!!! I looked it over, opened it, fiddled with it, plugged it in and got it running while in the store...it looks to be in VERY good shape. So, another sewing machine joins the fam. My other one is an ancient, and when I say ancient, I mean you can smell the history coming off of it, Kenmore that was given to me by an old neighbor. That thing is a metal beast for sure, but I messed it up on my last project so it needs to go see the Dr. I should take this new one as well. That's a benji dropped right there for the pair if not more. Sears used to service their Kenmores for free, but I found out that isn't the case anymore. Oh well. 

Finally completed some super cute hair clips I have been itching to make for awhile now. I originally saw them on Adora Batbrat, but I could not find them to purchase anywhere, even on Etsy. So, they always say necessity is the mother of invention, so I made my own pair. Alot easier that I had originally thought they would be, but they turned out perfect! I would load a picture but I don't have one yet. I need to get a cable for my camera yet so I can transfer pics. 

Tomorrow I'm off to get my text books for next semester, which starts in a week, and whatever else I need. I know it will be an easy semester, but still, I will miss my free time. Anyway, I need to get going so I can get some rest. May goth be with you! lol
 

No comments:

Post a Comment